Nifty’s, Backed by Major Investors, buys into MEME, v2 Date Announced
- MEME founders team up with other blockchain and media pros to create Nifty’s, a new NFT platform with social galleries and powerful publishing tools
- Nifty’s buys into MEME, expanding the MEME universe, and will leverage the MEME token going forward
- Nifty’s investors include Mark Cuban, Joseph Lubin, 0xb1, Biz Stone, and other leading crypto VCs
- MEME doubles down on DeFi and community, plotting a course to decentralization
- The much-anticipated MEME v2 is set to launch on April 12th 2021
MEME = Community
Last Summer, MEME blazed the path for a DeFi-infused NFT platform. From the beginning, community has always been at the core of the MEME ethos.
Together we pioneered NFT farming, featured dozens of amazing artists, made many charitable donations, and even gave back to a valued community member hit hard after COVID. But most importantly were the endless number of lols.
Today we’re excited to develop a partnership that will bring our teams together to further accelerate best in class experience and innovation for the NFT industry.
Nifty’s emerges from stealth today to announce an NFT-focused social media platform that brings together publishers, brands and creators with collectors, curators and fans to create a new kind of community.
The other MEME co-founders and I are also co-founders of Nifty’s and will run the product and eng organizations. This means MEME will play a foundational role in defining how the rest of the world experiences and comes to value NFTs, and that the technological innovation our MEME community is known for will underpin it all.
We are excited to utilize our tech to offer a new Nifty’s community sophisticated content and experiences that make the space more accessible and inclusive.
Investors in Nifty’s include Mark Cuban, Joseph Lubin, 0xb1, Tim Draper, Polychain, Liberty City Ventures, and Biz Stone and Fred Blackford’s Future Positive.
Stay tuned for additional announcements on the Nifty’s launch this Spring.
What Does This Mean for MEME?
Firstly, it means we have additional resources to grow and develop MEME, and yes, that means we are hiring. Secondly, it is important that our MEME community knows Eric, Chris, and I will remain deeply involved in pushing the community forward.
MEME will continue to:
- Put community first while innovating at the intersection of NFTs and DeFi
- Bring accessibility to NFT collecting with features beyond staking
- Highlight top artists around the NFT ecosystem
- Serve as a launchpad introducing new artists
Benefits to the MEME community:
- $MEME holders will get early beta access to Nifty’s products
- Exclusive access to community channels and special events
- Exclusive Nifty’s NFTs only for MEME holders
- With an expanded budget the MEME team can hire additional resources and pursue a focused roadmap
- This unlocks an opportunity to move toward a more decentralized MEME governance
V2 and Beyond
“Wen v2” has become a meme in itself among the community. Well, we have good news. The much-anticipated MEME v2 is set to launch on April 12th 2021.
MEME version 2 updates include:
- A more streamlined NFT farming experience
- Improvements to UX in artist discovery
- Platform flexibility giving artists more control over their drops
- A percentage of platform fees will flow back to the users of the platform
- MORE ART!
- MORE ARTISTS!
- Oh, and the third third most valuable living artist
After v2 things get even more interesting as the team is already at work on L2 scaling solutions, advanced tokenomics, community curation, and an effort to further decentralize the protocol.
2021 is a big year for MEME.
Lastly, both MEME and Nifty’s are looking to fill multiple roles in engineering and comms. Please email email@example.com with a resume/LinkedIn and GitHub profile (if applicable).
Eric, Chris and I want to thank you for your continued support for MEME. Your passion, commitment, and ideas are what keep us going.
Together we will continue to accelerate the pace of NFT innovation and have fun while doing it!